sábado, 11 de julio de 2015

Fun activities for english preschool learners! ;)

Hi, everyone!

Today, I was thinking about what could I post. Then I remembered that I taught some jobs and occupations to my class and I realized that it was a great experience that I want to share with you guys. So here we go...

I chose some  jobs and occupations. There were:  baker , doctor, astronaut, shoes maker, archaeologist and some others. Well, the challenge was find a way where my students  (5 and 6 year old spanish speakers) could learn new vocabulary and communicate it.  Then, my mind popped up and here they are my ideas:


  1. Decorate the classroom or almost one corner  with elements that evokes a bakery a hospital or even an universe. (I make this decoration with my students)

Astronauts
Rocket in the classroom

Safari

spoons crafting ideas
Archaeologist


2.  I encourage students to bring costumes in their backpacks for the week and also let them a small dialogue to learn in English (by the weekend). Then, one week later, they come to school with their full equipment and here is where game starts. It because they go into other classrooms introducing themselves and explaining what are they performing. Sometimes they carry some products or services (as when they are doctors). 






 3. While we are learning new topics related with the job or occupation, we make some crafting or recipe.  

Spoons






For some recipes ideas you can visit this blog Postres de Mamasabel

Well, those were some ideas. I hope you enjoy them.

If you have some question or suggestion please let me know leaving a comment. Besides, if you need some ideas for your classroom project leave me a comment and I will help you. :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario